Pain in the lower right abdomen may not always be a cause of alarm but it is still important to know the reason for this. You might not need to be rushed to the emergency room but at least you know exactly what is going on inside your body.
Here are some of the more common reasons that trigger pain in the lower right abdomen:
• Constipation-This is very common for a lot of people. The difficulty of your digestive tract to push triggers pain in the lower abdominal area. This is because of the extra work that the muscles are doing which also puts pressure on the abdominal part.
• Appendicitis-This is a problem for people who are within 11 to 40. For appendicitis, the abdominal pain is also accompanied by vomiting, fever and loss of appetite.
• Hernia-This can also cause pain because of the protruding soft tissue that hits the abdominal wall. For this type of medical problem, the pain is also felt in the groin and upper thigh area.
• Testicular Torsion-For men who are suffering from coiled testicle, abdominal pain can be felt. This also comes with vomiting, nausea and pain in the testicles. The pain can come in surges but in worse cases, it would not go away. Hence, it is necessary to consult a doctor right away.
• Ectopic Pregnancy-This is a problem for women wherein the fertilized egg is situated in another area and not in the uterus. The pain in lower right abdomen gets even more intense if the fertilized egg resides in the fallopian tube.
• Cancer-Different types of cancer can also lead to pain in the lower abdomen. The reason why this type of aching should not be ignored is because it may also be symptom of bowel cancer, colon caner or ovarian cancer.
• Endometriosis-This health problem is triggered when the womb tissues grows beyond the womb. For cases like this, there is also slight swelling which can be felt when the painful area is being pressed lightly. The pain could get even worse during the menstrual period.
• Pelvic Inflammatory Disease-Women’s womb may sometimes be positioned the wrong way. Pain is present in the lower right abdominal part when the womb is tilted to this side. For this disorder, pain, vaginal discharge and fever may also be experienced.
• Ulcerative Colitis-This is a disease that damages the large bowel. The pain in lower right abdomen is just one of the symptoms because this usually causes weight loss and bloody stool too.
• Salpingitis-Women who have multiple sexual partners are prone to this illness. This is an infection in the tube which makes intercourse painful and causes excessive vaginal discharge.
These are some of the more common reasons for abdominal pain on the right side. Self-diagnosis is not the best way to go since some of the symptoms may be too similar. If you want to really take good care of your body, asking for doctor’s advice should be prioritized.